Hiring in the UK from the EU next year?
What is the impact of Brexit?
The way employers hire in the UK from the EU is changing. From 1 January 2021, hiring companies will need to register as a licensed sponsor to hire eligible people from outside the UK.
Free movement is ending in the UK and the new points-based immigration system will introduce job, salary and language requirements that will change the way you hire from the EU.
The new system will treat EU and non-EU citizens equally and transform the way in which employers hire from outside the UK.
Employer’s need a sponsor licence to hire most eligible employees from outside the UK. This does not apply to Irish citizens.
Before applying to be a sponsor you should:
- check that the people you want to hire will meet the requirements for coming to the UK for work
- check your business is eligible
To apply, you will need to:
- choose the type of skilled worker licence you want to apply for
- put appropriate systems in place to act as a sponsor
- apply online and pay the fee
People coming to work in the UK will need to meet certain requirements
- A job offer from an approved sponsor
- That job offer must be at the required skill and salary level
- They must speak English at the required level
- You will need to apply to be a licensed sponsor
- You’ll usually have a decision within 8 weeks
- Being a sponsor allows you to recruit skilled workers globally for 4 years
- Be prepared, apply now
What is the impact of Brexit going to have on the hiring of SaaS Executives? Time will no doubt tell.
* Content Source: HRMC